Products & Services: Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
We all must deal with stress in our lives, whether it is at work or in our personal lives. Healthy people do not necessarily lead trouble-free lives. Healthy people recognize potential problems and take action to find solutions. An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides an avenue for employees to deal with life stressors and take the first step toward a healthier and more productive life.
The Costs to Employers
It is well known that employees that are not properly treated will bring their problems to the work place, which in turn can translate to:
- Excessive absenteeism
- High cost of sick leave
- High cost of health care
- On-the-job accidents
- Displays of faltering dependability and poor judgment
- Decreased productivity and quality of work
- Increased work related violence
- Co-worker conflicts
- Decreased work environment morale
- Employee grievances and conflicts
The Solution - HBI EAP
HBI's Employee Assistance Programs are designed to help members deal with their problems in an effective way, without compromising services, in the most appropriate clinical setting possible.
HBI views the individual as an integral part of his/her work environment. All HBI programs are designed to work with company supervisors, EAP counselors, benefits consultants, and/or personnel departments to develop optimal programs that best serve the needs of the company and their members.
Program emphasis is not only on treating existing problems, but also on creating awareness and teaching skills that an employee can utilize to minimize and prevent serious emotional and physical health problems. In the long run, prevention is more cost effective than treatment alone.
HBI believes in an interdisciplinary treatment approach and is staffed with licensed physicians, psychologists, psychiatrists, licensed clinical social workers, marriage and family therapists, and drug and alcohol counselors.
The Benefits of EAP
Enhanced human resource services through training and education
- Provides support to supervisors to help them identify troubled employees
- Reduces mental health costs through early intervention and counseling
- Attracts and retains top workers by offering an enhanced employee benefit plan
- Creates an avenue for employees to deal with conflicts and daily stressors
- Provides services that are not usually covered under the insurance health plan
- Strengthens family, friend, and work relationships
- Improves morale and productivity
- Improves communication and cooperation in the workplace
- Decreases work related accidents
- Lessens turnover and absenteeism
HBI's Life Solutions Program is designed to offer enhanced EAP services that encompass life, work, and family issues. It is comprised of a variety of services that help employees, their families, and dependents balance life events with work demands and responsibilities. These services include:
- Elder care
- Healthcare services
- Screening tools
- Living concerns
- Legal services
- Financial services